Concrete Countertop Supplies
The Concrete Countertop Institute does not sell proprietary mixes. We teach from-scratch mixes and recommend the best sources to obtain the tools, equipment and materials you need - all the best concrete countertop supplies from the best sources.
Fishstone Concrete Countertop Supply
- Fishstone sells just about everything a concrete countertop professional needs, from pigments and admixtures to polishers and mixers. CCI has worked with Fishstone for many years, and owner Tom Fischer is a CCI alumnus. Along with his wife Carrie, Tom provides outstanding service and knowledge to their customers. They also do a fantastic job of negotiating unbeatable prices. Fishstone is an essential resource for every concrete countertop maker.
- Almost every Fishstone product is recommended by The Concrete Countertop Institute. Fishstone is a one-stop shop for concrete countertop supplies.
- Ball Consulting provides innovative, high-quality GFRC tools and materials, backed by decades of knowledge and experience. CCI works closely with Ball Consulting to help meet the specific needs of concrete countertop professionals. In addition to supplying GFRC materials such as acrylic modifier and AR glass fibers, Ball Consulting has developed innovative machinery that provides affordable automation to concrete countertop producers. Recommended products are:
- Forton VF-774 - acrylic co-polymer
- ARG Chopped Strand 13MM ACS 13H-350Y - AR glass fibers
- VCAS 160 - pozzolan
- Fast Stone® CW - specially formulated blend for GFRC concrete countertops
- RimSpray mini sprayer (recommended for medium-high production shops - watch the video)
- Mini High Shear GFRC mixer (recommended for medium-high production shops)
- V-SEAL has over 20 years of experience in concrete sealing technology, and carries a wide range of concrete sealers for everything from heavy-duty industrial floors to concrete countertops. They provide top-notch customer service and expertise as well as the CCI-recommended sealers Stonelok E3/2K and the new RapidShield CT. Concrete countertop professionals can buy from V-SEAL with total confidence, and Jeff Girard has so much confidence in the products that he chose Stonelok E3/2K for his own kitchen. Recommended products are:
- Stonelok E3/2K - natural looking, water-based epoxy/urethane coating available in low or high gloss
- RapidShieldCT - UV cured sealer that requires no sanding. Watch the instructional video.
- See the CCI Recommended Sealers article for more information.
More recommended suppliers:
Cenospheres from CenoStar Corporation: HG75/400 can be ordered online in quart quantities.
See this article on the uses of cenospheres in concrete countertops.
Scott Cohen is president and supervising designer of The Green Scene, a premier outdoor design and construction firm based in Northridge, CA. He provides consultation for clients nationwide and gives seminars on designing outdoor kitchens and rooms, cast concrete techniques, and other topics for swimming pool and landscape professionals.
A two time Masters Of Design Award winner, Scott has also been featured on Home and Garden Television's Landscaper's Challenge, Designing for the Sexes, and Get Out, Way Out! Scott's designs are also regularly showcased in numerous local and national print media, such as Luxury Pools, Pool and Spa News, Architectural West, Hearth and Home, and Signature Pools and Outdoors.
Cohen offers several books of outdoor design incorporating concrete fire pits and elements. Visit the bookstore at greenscenelandscape.com.